[tor-talk] Onionoo HS Added

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 03:36:38 UTC 2015

> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 23:10:07 +0100
> From: Thomas White <thomaswhite at riseup.net>
>
> Earlier this week I was requested to add a hidden service address for
> using my Onionoo backend, so it has now been added as requested:
>
> onionoorcazzotwa.onion
> (Original: https://onionoo.thecthulhu.com)
>
> If anything else is needed as a HS just let me know (literally just
> throw ideas at me if you want, I'm open to getting HSs used much more)

Here are some ideas off the top of my head.
There may be security implications to these which I haven't considered.

* A HS Mirror of the torproject website, particularly git, source, binary distributions
Potentially useful for people who don't want to connect to the tor website, even via an exit.

* A HS equivalent to pastebin, or, possibly, 0bin (pastes are encrypted while stored, key is in URL, JavaScript (ugh) decrypts locally)

* A HS where people can post documents or images or videos

* A HS that will mirror and archive a single URL, potentially repeating the archiving on a schedule, like the internet archive.

* A HS that simply performs a speed test and reports the results to the user

* Do we have a single-page dashboard status for the overall tor network?
For example, x/y authorities signed consensus, z bandwidth, trends, …
This would be a useful part of globe/atlas, but also as a HS.

teor

teor2345 at gmail dot com
pgp 0xABFED1AC
https://gist.github.com/teor2345/d033b8ce0a99adbc89c5

teor at blah dot im
OTR D5BE4EC2 255D7585 F3874930 DB130265 7C9EBBC7