[tor-talk] Clarification of Tor's involvement with DARPA's Memex

Tempest tempest at bitmessage.ch
Fri Apr 24 03:37:18 UTC 2015

Mirimir:
> Nothing implemented at useful scale provides better anonymity than Tor.
> I2P and JonDonym are interesting, but (other issues aside) are too
> small. I believe that combining Tor with other systems, using nested
> chains and remote workspaces, is the best approach available.

agreed. also, in how many different ways does it need to be repeated
that, if you believe the nsa is your threat model, relying on tor alone,
rather than a proper isolating disciplined opsec plan that doesn't
merely put faith on technology, is a recipe for potential disaster? this
nonsense has become beyond tedious. the fact that it is now personality
driven speaks multitudes.

--
gpg key - 0x2A49578A7291BB34
fingerprint - 63C4 E106 AC6A 5F2F DDB2 3840 2A49 578A 7291 BB34