[tor-talk] TorBirdy seems to connect to the same exit node again and again

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Sun Apr 12 22:44:46 UTC 2015

On 04/11/2015 00:07, Sophie Hassfurther wrote:
> I think what you describe might be correct - so far choosing a new
> identity in Tor did not work for me, but restarting the Tor Browser
> worked. So maybe some circuits did not close?

I was observing the same with browser. It appears that "change identity"
function doesn't terminate preexisting connections, only makes new
connections choose the new path.

Vidalia actually explicitly tells user that "new" connections will go
through the new path. It might be worth implementing "hard new identity"
which will also terminate preexisting connections.

Yuri