[tor-talk] Tor Summer of Privacy

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Mon Apr 6 01:25:59 UTC 2015

Do you want to make Tor even better, and get paid in the process? If you are a
student, we have good news for you: the Tor Project is pleased to announce our
first Summer of Privacy!

  https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/TorSoP

Thanks to Google, over the last eight years Tor has mentored 53 students over
summers. This year the program was trimmed back to make room for new
organizations. So, rather than wait another year we're starting a program
of our own!

The Tor Summer of Privacy is a pilot program for students that want to
collaborate and develop privacy tools. So why apply?

* You will work with a world-class team of anonymity experts and developers
  on an anonymity network that is already protecting millions of people daily.

* We only write free (open source) software. The tools you make won't be
  locked down or rot on a shelf.

* Your work could contribute to academic publications. Tor development
  raises many interesting research questions.

* You can work your own hours in your own locations. As long as you get
  the job done, we don't care about the process.

* ... oh, and of course there's also the $5,500 stipend for the summer. :P

We are looking for great coders who are self-motivated and able to work
independently. The deadline for applications is April 17th, 2015 which
is right around the corner, so don't be shy - apply!