[tor-talk] Tor isn't opening a listening port...

Cypher cypher at cpunk.us
Thu Apr 2 23:54:56 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone,

I'm configuring two hidden services on the same box (Ubuntu 14.04). In
my torrc I have the following four lines:

HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor/first_hidden_service/
HiddenServicePort 9999 127.0.0.1:9999

HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor/second_hidden_service/
HiddenServicePort 8008 127.0.0.1:80

For some reason, the second hidden service simply isn't working. Port
8008 is not being opened by Tor at all. I tried to telnet to it both
from localhost and a remote machine and it's failed. Checked that it was
allowed on the firewall and all that good stuff and everything looks ok.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,
Cypher