[tor-talk] A Course Project

Matt Pagan matt at pagan.io
Wed Sep 24 18:18:25 UTC 2014

El Mouatez Billah Karbab wrote:
> Dears Tor team
>
> I am doing my Phd in Concordia university Montreal, and I have a course
> about network security INSE 6120. The professor of this course wants us to
> do a project in both the field of security research with some practical
> application, and I have chosen TOR and its applications.
>
> I am looking for a problem to solve even in TOR tool or using TOR tool.
>
> I will be grateful if you give me any hints or ideas for my project.

Hi!
It's great to hear you want to work on Tor. To make things as easy
as possible for researchers and potential researchers, we've compiled
a list of open research questions and potential projects on our
volunteer page [0]. If any of those projects take your interest, try
to get in touch with the person listed in the "Likely Mentors" section.
The easiest way to do that would probably be on our development IRC
channel [1].

Good luck!

[0]: https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer#Coding
[1]: https://www.torproject.org/about/contact#irc