[tor-talk] More results from snapshotting websites via Tor

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Wed Sep 17 18:34:16 UTC 2014

I've been taking snapshots of the top 50 websites (as of June) using
Midori via Tor ("torsocks midori ...") and logging exit relay usage.
During 2014-06-22 to 2014-09-04, 330 trials completed successfully,
using overall 610 exit relays.

So far, just size distributions (with bins of 10% maximum size) for the
entire dataset are available.[0] I'll be adding more results as I have
time. In particular, I'll be looking at website and exit behavior over
time (probably in weekly bins).

[0]
http://lwcl5doqq2uzjmom.onion/images/Top-50-Websites-Snapshots-via-Tor-Size-Statistics.png