[tor-talk] Tor relay on home computer

stn stn at ncf.ca
Tue Sep 16 18:02:16 UTC 2014

i wanted to run a bridge relay but learned long term consistency is
key.  torcloud is a good solution imo.
i have to build a bsd or linux system from old hw VS running a bridge
from my desktop to make a home bridge work.

i had good luck running torcloud.
https://cloud.torproject.org/

it costs $3/month usd for a year using the specified amazon location and
is probably superior to running a server at home.

if you do not wish to go over the free bandwidth allotment (free for 12
months)
perhaps amazon has settings we can explore.   i don't know yet if we can
edit the cap limit in the installation yet.

  i'm fine with $3/month set by tor limit of 10GB per week.
https://cloud.torproject.org/

i'm not an expert but i am willing to try and help if you get stuck.

the screen shots posted at torcloud differ from what i experienced.
amazon changed things i suppose.  the order of the options.

however the torcloud site noted above clearly states when to change
settings and when not to do so.
i managed to get through it though it took longer than 15 minutes. no
complaints.

steve