[tor-talk] Comcast looking for Tor traffic, contacting customers to threaten termination of service.

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Sun Sep 14 06:36:42 UTC 2014

John Pinkman wrote:
> What about facebook, or gmail, or yahoo selling your
> information to advertisers?
>
> These women also send them to multiple random parties,
> this also makes them not private.
>
> What is private anyway?
>
> Stupidity just isn't compatible with privacy much.

   So because other people do bad things, that makes the bad things okay
to do?  That's rather ridiculous, don't you think?  As for "what is
private anyway" that's pretty straightforward in this case.  If one
sends a picture to a lover, the expectation is that it will be kept
private.  Shaming women for normal expressions of sexuality is fucking
bullshit.

   And people you might deem as "stupid" deserve privacy just as much as
the rest of us.

~Griffin

--
"I believe that usability is a security concern; systems that do
not pay close attention to the human interaction factors involved