[tor-talk] keeping torcloud alive

stn stn at ncf.ca
Sat Sep 13 17:14:46 UTC 2014

$20/year would encourage me to keep torcloud running with or without a
home node running.

since torcloud can limit usage accurately per user something like a
"Bulk deal" with solid use control might go a long way to someone with
the skills to negotiate with amazon.

that and an incredible archive of node level data.

in terms of torcloud use i suspect amazon's concern will be bandwidth
use and 40GB/month is roughly the cap in ontario canada for "entry
level" home broadband connections.  considered "light" in this market
(most families have to buy more expensive packages and buy overage
insurance or a larger cap here but that's another story.  it's really
embarrassing).

steve