[tor-talk] I2P over Tor

Jeff Becker ampernand at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 17:49:29 UTC 2014

Hi,

Newbie I2P contributor here, I've recently been playing around with the idea
of running I2P over Tor for purely experimental reasons. I am thinking that
some users could still participate in routing traffic by providing a reachable
hidden service address and optionally a publicly reachable clearnet address. I
am pretty sure that Tor can handle a few small I2P routers but I would like to
make sure that it will not bother the Tor network. I am unsure of how much
bandwidth it would use, in the long run it may use a lot if people like the
idea of I2P over/inside tor.

Would this bother Tor if this was a) done on an experimental level, b) done as
an optional mode of operation for i2p, c) default for i2p.

case A is almost ready to go
case B is a possible possibility for the future
case C will never happen ever. Regardless, I'd like to hear thoughts on such
systems for possible future ventures.

Thanks.

--
~ Jeff Becker