[tor-talk] BBC Horizon: Inside the Dark Web

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Thu Sep 4 06:32:47 UTC 2014

Tim Retout wrote:
> I'm still watching it, but it seems relatively balanced, and features
> interviews with Bruce Schneier, Jacob Applebaum, Julian Assange, Tim
> Berners-Lee and so on.
>
> (And Horizon had average viewing figures of around 1.7 million people
> in 2013, according to the internet, so that means many UK people
> getting better informed about Tor.)

   Thanks for the heads-up =)  I was quite surprised at how good it was.
They didn't take the obvious tact of "anonymity is bad" etc, and they
had a pretty wide variety of experts giving interviews.  The overall
tone of the music and design was *incredibly* ominous though.  But they
managed to make ICANN updates look exciting, which takes some serious
work haha.

   It's on youtube for those interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTjNkbLBEqg

best,
Griffin

--
"I believe that usability is a security concern; systems that do
not pay close attention to the human interaction factors involved