[tor-talk] TBB 3.6.5 not on download site?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Wed Sep 3 17:34:14 UTC 2014

On 9/3/2014 10:22 AM, harmony wrote:
> On 2014-09-03 14:57, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
>> Tor Weekly News, September 3rd, 2014 - mentions Tor Browser 3.6.5 and
>> 4.0-alpha-2 are out.
>>
>> But the download site
>> https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html has only 3.6.4. &
>> 4.0-alpha-1.
> After members of the Tor Browser team confirmed yesterday that they were
> planning to release 3.6.5 on the 2nd, I chose to keep the announcement
> in, hoping that the official blog post would soon be up and that the
> download links would be changed. I asked several times on IRC if I
> should go ahead, and no one seemed to have strong feelings.
>
> This has happened more than once and I don't really know what to do
> about it. If the Tor Browser team object to Tor Weekly News announcing
> things, I have no problem with not doing so. On the other hand, the
> software is available in the /dist directory (I'm using it now!), so it
> has “been released”.
How many average Tor users would look for newest stable releases on the
Tor Browser distribution site?
Signatures?

I have no idea what the upshot is, except maybe there's miscommunication
or timing isn't coordinated (common in every organization)?
I was just curious that the announcement was in the weekly news, the
distribution site https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/ is
updated, but the main download site for all Tor projects isn't.