[tor-talk] Bitcoin over Tor isn’t a good idea (Alex Biryukov / Ivan Pustogarov story)

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Oct 27 23:52:46 UTC 2014

On 10/28/14, s7r <s7r at sky-ip.org> wrote:

> Seth,
>
> Totally agree about undermining decentralization by having to trust a
> single provider. Nobody recommended that, the addresses were for
> informative purpose only, to be used in parallel with other nodes run
> by other operators / organizations. No user is forced to use
> exclusively peers run by the same operator. An user is free to add as
> many hidden nodes for bootstrapping as desired.  Once connected to a
> node that node will exchange information about other nodes and so on.
>
> I agree the hidden services are old. There is a nice proposal,
> hopefully it will be analyzed more and implemented as soon as possible.

Do you have a link to what you are thinking of?

What comes to my mind just now is DJB's black box (i.e. "make it
simple for the developer to do the right thing"):
http://nacl.cr.yp.to/
http://rdist.root.org/2009/07/14/nacl-djbs-new-crypto-library/

--
Banned for life from Debian, for suggesting Debian's CoC
is being swung in our faces a little too vigorously.