[tor-talk] What was the academic paper in which

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Mon Oct 20 03:28:52 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-19 22:43, Rick wrote:
> The "DoJ... 3%" reference was in the 20C3 talk (2013) by RD & JA at
> about 11 minutes in. I've got the video and don't recall where I got
> it but it wasn't YouTube. The talk at that point was about the
> perception of Tor and a slide was put up with four bullet points, the
> first of which was "Doj's aborted study finding 3% bad content on the
> Tor network".
> Both RD & JA briefly commented on it but there's little more than what
> Andrew has already conveyed. I'll be happy to transcribe that portion
> here if you can't find the video.
> IMO, though the 20C3 production values weren't the best, the talk
> itself was one of the better ones. It's a keeper.

29c3's the Tor Software Ecosystem -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnbc_9JnVtc

Details are spotty, and probably will continue to be spotty unless the
researchers decide to release the data (seems unlikely at this point).

--
"I believe that usability is a security concern; systems that do
not pay close attention to the human interaction factors involved