[tor-talk] orWall 1.0.0 released!

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 20:22:30 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 03, 2014 at 09:37:42AM +0200, CJ wrote:
> Hello!
>
> just a small update regarding orWall: it's released 1.0.0!
> There's still *one* annoying issue regarding the tethering, but it
> should be OK next week. Just have to take some time in order to debug
> this for good.
>
> orWall provides now a brand new UI in order to be easier to handle.
> There's also an integrated help (as a first-start wizard we might call
> later on).
> There are many new features and improvements, like:
>
> - ability to disable all rules and let the device access freely the Net
> - for each app, the possibility to access some advanced settings
> allowing to bypass Tor, or tell orWall the app knows about proxies or Tor
> - better management for the init-script
> - better management for iptables rules
> - translations in French, German and Italian are almost done
>
> Any feedback from Tor/Orbot users interest me in order to improve
> orWall. I think the current release is pretty good, but as the main dev
> I'm maybe not that neutral regarding this statement ;).

Hey CJ,

This looks great, very nice! I'm playing around with it now, so I may
send some PRs in the future. :)

I was also wondering if you keep the content for orwall.org in version
control. Overall it's very good, but I'd like to help improve some
wording, if possible. I can always send you an email, if that is
better for you.

Thanks for working on this.

- Matt