[tor-talk] How does Tor help abuse victims?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 21:12:09 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 3:39 PM, z9wahqvh <z9wahqvh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2014-10-01 13:20, Sebastian G. <bastik.tor> wrote:

> the abuser ... he/she (mostly he)

Abuse knows no such boundaries, only statistics.

> The people I work with are writing about Tor, and so far, the negatives
> keep far outweighing the positives, meaning that the ultimate analysis is
> likely to draw negative conclusions.

That's because that's what they've grown and wish to see and report,
particularly in the news for ratings, and in negative politics.
Tor and the like are merely tools. As with statistics, sometimes
and with some subjects, you will be hard pressed to find the
alternative evidence you seek... daylight carries risk to good as
well. Yet if you can imagine it, it's there. Blue pill, red pill...
free your mind... whole new worlds of usage will open up. That's
where the oppurtunity for unique ratings worthy analysis, reporting,
and policy making resides.