[tor-talk] orWall 1.0.0 released!

CJ tor at tengu.ch
Mon Oct 6 16:04:41 UTC 2014

On 10/06/2014 05:30 PM, SecTech wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using AFWall+, but want to force some apps through TOR.
> At orwall.org I read, that OrWall mey interfere with other firewalls.
> I saw that in settings I can restrict an app to have internet
> connections, force it throug TOR and let them connect to the internet
> without TOR.
> My question is: Has OrWall the capacity to have varios rule sets for
> WiFi, mobile internet and roaming? And if not, will it maby added some
> day?

Heya!

orWall first aim was to provide an interface for Mike's scripts — it
already goes far beyond this simple task now.
Regarding AFWall+ (and DroidWall), it *will* interfere badly. Don't even
try it unless you have some iptables knowledges, an USB cable and a
towel ;).

I will add "different connection type support" to the roadmap (as I
already had such a request), but don't count on it before some other
things more "orWall-related" devs (like a better tethering support).
And it will most probably be integrated to the "advanced settings"
interface in order to provide a simple interface for "lambda" users.

Fact is: this won't be really easy to integrate in a way it doesn't
break the whole thing. Will need to think about it. Deeply.

Thank you for interest in orWall :)

Cheers,

C.