[tor-talk] Tor in the media

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Thu Oct 2 18:21:01 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-01 17:40, Patrick wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Over the past few weeks, I've talked with a number of Tor people about how
> the project is portrayed in the media. As a reporter on this beat, the many
> legitimate criticisms the community have had strike pretty close to home
> for me. I don't think I need to tell this list why Tor's portrayal in the
> media is important, now more than ever. So, with the blessing and
> encouragement of a couple of official Tor people, I've got a question to
> ask of tor-talk (secure contact info follows at the bottom of the message):
>
> -- What untold but important stories about Tor are you willing to share?

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for joining the list and starting a conversation. And thanks for
caring how Tor is portrayed in the media, and trying to do something
about it.

The first four places I send reporters asking about hidden services are:

1. DuckDuckGo
2. PubLeaks and StrongBox
3. Wildleaks, https://wildleaks.org/
4. The Hermes Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights,
http://logioshermes.org/

There are others out there, but the organizations don't want any
publicity at all.

--
Andrew
https://www.torproject.org/