[tor-talk] Darknets/science vs. GPA/LEA/Law, and playing dirty pool

l.m ter.one.leeboi at hush.com
Sun Nov 9 19:02:28 UTC 2014

I didn't judge anyone. I specifically said they have the 'alleged'
owner. I said good riddance to SR2 and it's ilk. Tor isn't an
environment of your freedom. It only ever has the potential to be. You
live in a world where your freedom is an ideal that only exists in
your head. If it did exist, and Tor were truly net-neutral, then don't
ever design around preventing use of specific hosts (like was done for
rapidgator). While you're at it make it impossible for guard rotation
attacks and make it so exits can neither filter selectively or inspect
traffic. Let me setup my internet completely anonymously so no
intelligence agency could easily track down my servers. Net neutrality
and privacy have overlap but aren't the same thing. Tor project has
already made design choices to choose a side--not always for your
beloved claim of being an environment of freedom and net-neutrality.

--leeroy bearr
On 11/8/2014 at 1:43 PM, "Sam Pizzey"  wrote:On 08/11/2014 16:14, l.m
wrote:
> How's the presence of a
> darknet running on Tor hidden services supposed to make me feel
> anyway? That's your freedom being used to poison kids and evade
> punishment.

On the contrary, it makes me feel that my freedom is being used to
provide an environment where some of the damage done by people with
your
misguided viewpoint can be mitigated.
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk at lists.torproject.org