[tor-talk] Darknets/science vs. GPA/LEA/Law, and playing dirty pool

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sat Nov 8 22:15:09 UTC 2014

On 11/08/2014 11:43 AM, Sam Pizzey wrote:
> On 08/11/2014 16:14, l.m wrote:
>> How's the presence of a
>> darknet running on Tor hidden services supposed to make me feel
>> anyway? That's your freedom being used to poison kids and evade
>> punishment.
>>
> On the contrary, it makes me feel that my freedom is being used to
> provide an environment where some of the damage done by people with your
> misguided viewpoint can be mitigated.

Just about anything is illegal/immoral/reprehensible somewhere. Just
about anything is also legal/moral/laudable somewhere. Tor, and the
Internet more generally, is global. There is no privileged viewpoint or
opinion. Even yours, dear reader, as right as you may be convinced that
you are. By design, Tor is viewpoint-neutral. That is its strength.