[tor-talk] Operation Onymous against hidden services, most DarkNet markets are down

Derric Atzrott datzrott at alizeepathology.com
Fri Nov 7 20:07:43 UTC 2014

>>> obvious cointelpro:
>>
>> Could you please stop calling people that. Its rude.
>
> As rude as it may be, is it wise to keep people alert and on their
> toes, rather than lolled into a false sense of 'perceived security'?
>
> Think if you yourself had 'something important' to communicate with
> the world, and you came here and everyone patted everyone else on the
> back and agreed that a Tor HS would provide all you need and implied
> that everyone on this list can be trusted - is how you'd like to be
> treated?
>
> I'd rather stay paranoid and safe.

discontent and mistrust amongst Tor users leading to our eventual
downfall. :P

Certainly not everyone on the list can be trusted, but it does
sometimes feel as though people just toss around accusations haphazardly.
And clearly there are also some major issues with Tor HS.

A certain amount of paranoia is healthy as well, especially given that
all of us on this list are almost certainly targetted as the NSA at least
already targets regular users of Tor,[0] so I imagine they would target
those of us who make up the Tor community.

Still, I do think its rude to accuse someone of being a plant when
there is no real evidence of it.  I'd argue it is counterproductive
because people will ignore it, and then when you do want to call someone
out it won't make it through to folks.

Perhaps it is that I am the only one bothered by it in which
case I'll just have to deal with it.

Thank you,
Derric Atzrott
Illuminati