[tor-talk] Operation Onymous against hidden services, most DarkNet markets are down

Öyvind Saether oyvinds at everdot.org
Fri Nov 7 18:38:21 UTC 2014

> 	That is possible, but I'm not sure I'm fully following.
> Suppose that some "off line" dealer has his phone tapped, and then he
> 	starts selling through a market like silk road. What of it?
> Why would that lead in any way to finding out who the hidden
> 	service's owner/admin is?  The hidden service's owner isn't
> 	going to talk on the phone with the dealers who use his site.
> 	That is not his 'business model'.

Keep this quote in mind when you consider those idiotic "they must have
found out that you were running a hidden service by tapping your phone
because you were running a hidden service" circular arguments by
obvious cointelpro:

“This is something we want to keep for ourselves,” he said. “The way we
do this, we can’t share with the whole world, because we want to do it
again and again and again.”

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/operation-onymous-dark-web-arrests/