[tor-talk] Running tor in a docker container as non root

Olivier Revollat revollat at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 17:16:36 UTC 2014

Hello !
I found some dockerfile example to use tor within a docker container.
But all are running tor as root user (which is bad) so I decided to
make my own Dockerfile with some improvements for example the
possibility to modify the configuration while the container is running.

check the Dockerfile at :
https://github.com/revollat/torbox

What do you think of the code in the Dockerfile ? any ideas for some
improvements ?
What do you think about keeping ".tor" directory in a volume ? is there
security risk ?

Thanks !