[tor-talk] New Atlas/Globe/Onionoo mirrors

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Wed Nov 5 08:21:46 UTC 2014

Hello Tor talkers,

over the last few weeks, we set up new mirrors for Atlas, Globe, and
Onionoo (the data service behind Atlas and Globe):

https://atlas.thecthulhu.com/

https://globe.thecthulhu.com/

https://onionoo.thecthulhu.com/

These mirrors are run on a server that is kindly hosted by TheCthulhu
and maintained by s7r.  The services running on that server are operated
by me.

Feel free to use these mirrors instead of the official instances, in
particular whenever the official services are unavailable.  (But please
keep reporting problems, so that we can fix them!)

Note that, while these mirrors are run on separate hardware, they're
still not fully independent: they are operated by the same person (me),
and they have been initialized using a data snapshot taken on the
official server a few weeks ago.  I hope that we'll have another set of
mirrors ready in a few weeks run by iwakeh that is truly independent.
Stay tuned.

All the best,
Karsten