[tor-talk] Cloak Tor Router

Lars Boegild Thomsen lth at reclaim-your-privacy.com
Mon Nov 3 07:26:21 UTC 2014

On Sunday 02 November 2014 22:18:37 coderman wrote:
> > I just tried with the current Cloak build.  And different clients use
> > different circuits.  However, none of the configuration options appear to
> > work, so I reckon it is down to:
> if each client has a a distinct address (not behind NAT) this works
> fine.  ideally there would be a way to force this behavior on each
> connection so that clients behind NAT get stream isolation even for
> connections to the same destinations.

In the case of a standard Cloak (as least as it is envisioned right now) that is not a problem for Cloak then.  Cloak _will_ be the Wireless Access Point, it will enforce client isolation at Wi-Fi level and it will hand out separate address to each client.

Hey - one challenge down :)

> as for which options your build supports, that's a good question.  i'm
> not sure best to determine from a given Tor binary what options it
> supports based on version and build configuration...  (maybe someone
> on list knows off hand?  i can check later :)

I think that was explained in another message already.

--
Lars Boegild Thomsen
https://reclaim-your-privacy.com
Jabber/XMPP: lth at reclaim-your-privacy.com