[tor-talk] [OT[ New web-cookie policies on internet

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Fri May 30 01:43:48 UTC 2014

On 5/29/2014 8:18 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> Anyone else noticing slashdot, google, and a few
> other big ones i can't recall, now throwing annoying
> popups with 'hey, we're using cookies, click to agree
> to this' ? What new legal groupthink bs is behind this?
I don't use gobble, but I've noticed a few more sites needing cookies.
Sometimes they give a msg - sometimes not.  Maybe depending on how the
msg that cookies are required is configured, it gets blocked?

I don't think avg or below avg users are blocking most tracking cookies
(making up bulk of users), so I don't think the practice of requiring
1st party cookies is because of that.
Don't know if it's really a trend, or we're just stumbling on a few that
have done it.