[tor-talk] “Tor and HTTPS”: visualization of information leaks

harmony harmony01 at riseup.net
Sat May 24 16:46:59 UTC 2014

Lunar:
> harmony:
>> It all looks great to me, but other Arabic speakers may have comments.
>
> Took me a while, but now rasterized versions are properly rendered as
> well:
> https://people.torproject.org/~lunar/tor-and-https/ar/tor-and-https-0.png
> https://people.torproject.org/~lunar/tor-and-https/ar/tor-and-https-1.png
> https://people.torproject.org/~lunar/tor-and-https/ar/tor-and-https-2.png
> https://people.torproject.org/~lunar/tor-and-https/ar/tor-and-https-3.png
>
> Hope the new Arabic font (Amiri) is still readable.

Hmm, to my mind it is less readable at that size than the first
version, and these images seem to have trouble with some ligatures
like lam-mim in the middle of the first part of the word for
'password' (the word for 'connection' also looks weird for some less
obvious reason).

I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest. Possibly SIL's Lateef [1] or
Scheherazade [2] would work better? On the other hand, it may not be a
problem with the font. If you'd rather not spend any more time on it
then let me know and I'll try to get my head around it.

 [1] http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?item_id=Lateef
 [2] http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?item_id=Scheherazade