[tor-talk] Firefox, Adobe, and DRM

Stephan Seitz stse+tor at fsing.rootsland.net
Thu May 15 19:09:56 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 01:08:56PM -0500, paul at crable.us wrote:
>I just received a message from the Free Software Foundation
>advising me that Mozilla has climbed in bed with Adobe
>Corporation and will implement digital rights management,
>DRM, in FireFox.  Until now they had not supported DRM.

It sounds scarier than it is. Mozilla will implement a sandbox in firefox
for the Adobe DRM plugin to run in. This sandbox is completely open
source. The DRM plugin is not part of firefox. You have to install it the
same way you install the flash plugin.

So if you don’t want to use the DRM plugin, then don’t install it.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse at fsing.rootsland.net |