[tor-talk] Torsocks 2.x status report

David Goulet dgoulet at ev0ke.net
Wed May 14 19:55:50 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

Took me a while to do it but there it is! For those not following
torsocks development, this is a status report of the project.

As of April 4th 2014, the release candidate 7 was released. With that
release, the main code is now on torproject.org which is now the
official upstream of the project.

	https://gitweb.torproject.org/torsocks.git

My Github repository[1] is now a mirror and all tickets from the tracker
have been moved to trac.torproject.org.

We are still looking for some more Signed-off or/and Acked-by volunteers
that want to have a look at the code. With that, 2.0 stable will be
released and from there we'll start adding features! :)

Thanks to intrigeri and Lunar, you can find the new version in Debian
experimental by now.

	https://packages.debian.org/experimental/torsocks

I plan to update the Tor wiki[2][3] with that new version, create a FAQ
and a blog post explaining the Why/How of torsocks 2.0.

Finally, the old page should be close soon (hopefully) thus moving
everything back to torproject.org.

	https://code.google.com/p/torsocks/

That's about it, again please test and review it to help out :).

Cheers!
David

[1] https://github.com/dgoulet/torsocks
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/torsocks