[tor-talk] canvas image data

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Mon Mar 24 19:10:13 UTC 2014

People have talked about the pop up message below, that apprears in TBB
on many sites.
> "*This website (duckduckgo.com) attempted to access image data on a
> canvas. Since canvas image data can be used to discover information
> about your computer, blank image data was returned this time*"
I'm not sure I've seen a consensus whether it's (always), (sometimes),
(rarely) a bad idea to allow the site, or "we're not sure."
What happens if you don't even click the pop up - don't allow or
forbid?  Does TBB then allow / deny the action by default?

If you *don't* click on the pop up, it goes away when you click
something else, but that's not saying what it actually does.
Is it generally NOT an anonymity / privacy issue to play HTML5 content
in TBB?