[tor-talk] Case examples of people deanonymized while using Tor?

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Wed Mar 19 23:28:11 UTC 2014

Adrian Crenshaw wrote:
> I'm working on a talk that will be on real life examples of people
> being caught while using Tor, and how it can be avoided.

  Just for the record, people who get de-anonymized aren't usually
horrible criminals.  Tor isn't a replacement for solid security
practices.  Obviously, cases that get on the news are likely to be related

  I've known people to be have their identity revealed while using Tor
through their own bad security or the security mishaps of others.  None
were de-anonymized for reasons related to Tor, and none were criminals.

~Griffin