[tor-talk] Does the new Weather support bridges?

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Mar 17 06:16:34 UTC 2014

On 15/03/14 18:05, Sebastian G. <bastik.tor> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the current weather (https://weather.torproject.org/) does not work for
> bridges.
>
> Does the new weather support bridges? (In other words: "Do you plan to
> add support for bridges?")
>
> Since Onionoo provides data about bridges and Globe lets you look (not
> "search" for them to put them into your torrc) for bridges I don't see
> why it would be a bad idea.
>
> It would be nice to get notified if bridges stop running, when they
> shouldn't.

Sure, including bridges in the "router down" notifications would be
possible, and shouldn't even be difficult.  Want to open a ticket for this?

What would not be possible is sending welcome messages to bridge
operators, because Onionoo doesn't have bridge operator contact lines.
That means we'd have to announce the Weather service to bridge operators
somehow.

> BTW: top-middle.png is served as
> "http://weather.torproject.org/top-middle.png" which breaks https
> (Browser should warn). I'm not sure why this is the case as it is
> available over https. Should I open a ticket? (probably only if someone
> can reproduce it, TBB gives no padlock)

Want to open a ticket if you can reproduce this?

> BTW2: The trademark link on weather
> (https://www.torproject.org/trademark-faq.html.en) gives a 404.

Can you open a ticket for this, too?

Thanks!