[tor-talk] TorBrowser spoofed screen size?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Thu Mar 6 19:20:15 UTC 2014

Following up on inconsistency of spoofed TBB screen sizes, shown on test
sites:
I did more testing / checking.  Then posted comments on Trac
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/7256#comment:10 &
comment #11.

For me, with each browser fully maximized, there's a *fundamental
difference* in what the test sites see for "screen size" of regular
Firefox (27), VS. TBB 3.5.2.
Same monitor, same displayed toolbars (of nearly identical heights) in
both browsers - but vastly different "screen size" detected.

This would SEEM to make TBB users stick out like a sore thumb!?  It
seems to be a large problem, *regardless* of the system DPI setting
(default, or custom value).