[tor-talk] TIMB vs TextSecure

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Sat Mar 1 11:03:09 UTC 2014

Gordon Morehouse:
> With the news hitting some tech sites about TIMB, I went digging
> around briefly to find the reasoning for rolling something anew rather
> than backing e.g. TextSecure. (I know there are serious questions
> about the security of Telegram.)
>
> I'm sure there is a good reason, but what is it?

Is TextSecure available on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux? Does it
support IRC and XMPP? Can it be built with only free software?
Are the builds reproducible? Does it have an integrated update
mecanism? Can it configure Tor (e.g. to use bridges)?

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>