[tor-talk] Illegal Activity As A Metric of Tor Security and Anonymity

Mark McCarron mark.mccarron at live.co.uk
Fri Jun 27 20:54:58 UTC 2014

We also need to consider that some unidentified flaws exist in the code, but I agree with you traffic analysis is certainly the major problem at present.  Traffic obfuscation will not work against the NSA and it would cause problems with the network.

The only option is to offer hosting within the Tor network itself.  Such hosting would need to be fragmented/distributed, or we could be exposing Tor providers to prosecution.  That is, pages and backend access are delivered by composing them from multiple random nodes.  It would probably best to start with Nginx or Apache and then modify it.  That's a complex design, but robust and the traffic analysis would yield little-to-no actionable information.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Regards,

Mark McCarron