[tor-talk] Illegal Activity As A Metric of Tor Security and Anonymity

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 20:48:27 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>         And so we have amusing tor lackeys like ¨coderman¨
>         parroting propaganda that not even the tor developers
>         themselves believe.

this is amusing! explain to me where i've said Tor resists traffic analysis? :)

my point is that Tor is harder than the software you're using over it.
web browsers, instant messaging clients, web services and poorly
implemented applications.

why do you need traffic analysis when trivial attacks work just as well?

>         So, how did the american gestapo get freedom hosting and silk
>         road? Traffic analysis.

citation needed.  all signs point to insider threat (you know, rats)

>         Also, in case that  great ´security´ ´experts´ such as
>         coderman and other tor lackeys on this list havent been reading
>         the mainstream media :

this may be true ;)

>         https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_construction

we could have a long discussion on this subject, but not apropos to this list...

best regards,

TL;DR:  Tor is not the weak spot in your privacy.  OPSEC, application
attack surface, pervasive information insecurity - these are all going
to betray you before some fundamental vulnerability in Tor protocol.