[tor-talk] Illegal Activity As A Metric of Tor Security and Anonymity

Mark McCarron mark.mccarron at live.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 22:26:14 UTC 2014

The involvement of spooks in the drugs trade is off-topic, but it is something that is well known and documented.  Take a look around Youtube and Google, you will find thousands of reports.  There is even a Wikipedia entry documenting some of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_drug_trafficking

The fact is, given the scale of modern international security, no can transport large amounts of narcotics with the direct assistance of an intelligence agency.  These guys are the defacto controllers of all world distribution channels.

The money is used to fund things that they can't ask government for, or things that need to be off the books.  In a lot of cases, it is a mutual relationship with suppliers to ensure support for other agendas or to gain access to particular areas.  So, the line between drug barons and intelligence agencies is highly fuzzy at best, at worst, non-existent.

Anyway, this is off-topic, so I won't be delving into this any further.

Regards,

Mark McCarron