[tor-talk] Should DOM storage really be enabled by default in TorBrowser?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Fri Jun 20 15:11:10 UTC 2014

On 6/20/2014 9:04 AM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> On 6/19/2014 1:51 PM, Georg Koppen wrote:
>> Joe Btfsplk:
>>> Curious:  Should DOM storage really be enabled by default in Tor Browser
>>> 3.6.x, when other forms of disk storage are disabled?
>> DOM Storage in Tor Browser does not save state to disc. And it is bound
>> to the URL bar domain (see design document).
>>
>> The code is in commit 5392d2ed679eaaa078f5c667573ef0698ec65345 in the
>> tor-browser repository.
>>
>> Georg

EDIT:  There is data stored in webappsstore.sqlite in vanilla Fx, if
it's allowed.
The sqlite viewer I was using - http://sqlitebrowser.org/ - doesn't
display the contents of <my> copy of that file.
It apparently displays some other Fx sqlite files OK.  Dunno.

I know Mozilla has an addon sqlite viewer & I've used it, but would
prefer a stand alone, as it's seldom used.
Don't need another addon, potentially causing probs, used once in 3, 6
or...? months.

If anyone has a better suggestion for a free viewer, preferably
portable, I'd appreciate it.
END EDIT.