[tor-talk] Presentation material in LaTeX

Paul Syverson paul.syverson at nrl.navy.mil
Thu Jun 19 14:59:50 UTC 2014

To see more than you probably care to know on the history of the
names 'onion routing' and 'Tor' cf. pages 129, 135 of
http://www.acsac.org/2011/program/keynotes/syverson.pdf

Two things that I see were not mentioned there: Nick Mathewson pointed
out to me and I confirmed in email exchanges that we actually started
using 'Tor' to refer to the basic onion routing system design that
we were working on before the design now generally called "Tor".
'Tor' also means a fine-meshed net in Turkish.

aloha,
Paul