[tor-talk] multiple local proxy ports

Wayland Morgan dotwayland at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 13:21:45 UTC 2014

I have a shared host with as many as five users that will be logged in
at a time, all to use Tor. In the current arrangement if one person is
using Tor then no one else can bind to the local proxy port to forward
their traffic out across the Tor network. The ultimate goal is to be
able to accommodate all of these users at once such that they each have
their own unique identity/exit node IP on the same system. As an added
bit of info, I've placed the current version of the browser bundle in
"C:\" and created a simple batch script that runs at login to copy from
that location to %USERPROFILE%\Desktop so as to maintain unique file
directories for each user. This is a Windows system, FWIW (If you
couldn't tell by the use of the batch script). Any time there is an
update to TBB, I plan to copy to "C:\" and let the script take care of
delivering the updated package to each user as they login.

The links I've seen so far for accomplishing this are:

<http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/proxies/345716-tor-question-trying-run-multiple-instances.html>
<https://svn.torproject.org/svn/torbrowser/branches/macos/docs/two-firefox.txt>
<http://kikistidbits.blogspot.com/2011/11/running-multiple-instances-of-tor-under.html>
<http://serverfault.com/questions/136072/how-to-run-multiple-instances-of-tor>

Would you consider these to be efficient guides for accomplishing this
goal? How would you go about approaching this?

Thanks

-w