[tor-talk] Flash executables keep starting in background when using TBB

Артур Истомин art.istom at yandex.ru
Tue Jun 17 17:33:24 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 11:23:53AM -0500, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> I'd still really like some help on finding what calls / causes the 2 flash
> .exe files to start in background.
> They're ALWAYS shown by Process Explorer, in the *same process tree -
> directly under TBB.*
>
> Is there a way to determine / log, *if another process is calling* those 2
> files, or if determine if TBB, or Flash, is calling the 2 files to start?
> Even though _no Flash vids are ever played_.  Below - Some additional
> replies to previous comments.

I can't reproduce your problem. There are two legitimate flash-player
processes under firefox (not tor's firefox).

1. Update your system. Update flash-player (there is version 14
already). Update tor-browser if not already. Run antivirus. Reboot.

2. Do not run any software. Run only tor-browser. Make sure flash-player
disabled in settings. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
Click "Check Now" (Not installed? Good.)

3. Run Process Explorer. Make screenshot with tor process and upload it
for us.