[tor-talk] Craigslist now giving Tor the slows, lol

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Sat Jun 14 22:51:06 UTC 2014

On 6/14/2014 5:07 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 9:47 AM, Joe Btfsplk <joebtfsplk at gmx.com> wrote:
>> I have found answers to Craigslist issues on their users forum - sometimes
>> direct replies to my post.  The more technical aspects of this issue may be
>> beyond many users' knowledge on that forum, but someone may be able to share
>> insight.
> CL's concept is not to participate, instead leaving their site and forums to
> the 'community' of dummies consensus. You can't post via tor or without
> phone hoops and forums are slowed too. And even when you could long
> ago, tor was met with blank stares 'we live in a commune, what is privacy?'.
> Chancing upon a tech literate non-staff there would be a miracle, and moot
> re: this, because they're not staff in a position to know. Maybe sometime
> I'll read through the forums again to see if that's changed lately. Doubt it.
Most of that is correct.  And CL definitely never responded to any email
I submitted.

I meant someone in the forum might have insight for slow downs, in
general - not detailed knowledge of Tor.

But, there could well be users on the forum that tried TBB on the list,
or just might have gotten some response about Tor, from a new hire in
customer service, before they knew any better.