[tor-talk] Sending email from Tor browser

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Sat Jun 14 17:32:07 UTC 2014

On 06/14/2014 01:33 PM, Chen Cecilia Zhang wrote:
> and the strange thing is : I tried to test the email sending from Tor and
> without Tor browser, and the IP address shows in the "original email" from
> gmail are the same....

How would you think Gmail (as in this example) can know your IP address,
regardless of whether your mail provider sends it right away or later?
Tor Browser is designed to keep your IP address hidden from the website
in all cases.

Gmail, as far as I'm aware, does not put user IP addresses into mail
headers. What you see in the headers is likely a gmail.com IP address.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/