[tor-talk] Please try and test bundles with the "meek" pluggable transport (3.6.2-meek-1)

Aymeric Vitte vitteaymeric at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 08:31:18 UTC 2014

Even if the idea of hidding the SSL/TLS destination is interesting
(reminds me [1] somewhere) I find the concepts/implementation a bit strange.

In the list of "ideas" I would suggest (not related to the reflector
principles directly but related to something that might make the
connection to Tor nodes more difficult to censor, ie using a localhost
talking the browser language):

- like [2], that's a background OP process connecting to the Tor nodes
using ws (+SSL/TLS), supporting the socks interface to undertake the
requests from the browser
- or [2] in the future that will talk webrtc too, the intent for [2]
with webrtc will be to discuss with browsers (which are "Tor" nodes too
for our project) but it could talk to usual Tor nodes if they understand
webrtc (see [3] for a short explaination, unless what is stated at the
begining of the thread the signaling servers are not required as
highlighted at the end)

Regards

Aymeric

[1] http://ianonym.com/project2.pdf