[tor-talk] (no subject)

krishna e bera keb at cyblings.on.ca
Tue Jul 29 21:01:49 UTC 2014

On 14-07-29 04:44 PM, cav78 wrote:
> I would like to know if it's necessary to
> install or configure a web proxy (privoxy or polipo) with Tor Browser
> Bundle 3.6.3 in order to have more privacy or to prevent Dns leaks.
> Orbot
>  (a software for Android) includes Polipo, but I don't see it in Tor
> Browser. Is it really important or we can do without it? Sorry for my
> english if it's not so perfect. Bye.

Polipo was removed a long time ago because it is no longer needed.  See:

Privoxy performed the same functions so it also isnt needed.

The FAQ item explaining this was removed as well, but a dangling
reference to it remained behind:

Polipo is still mentioned in the "new" FAQ (even in association with
Mozilla) which could lead to confusion.