[tor-talk] Spoofing a browser profile to prevent fingerprinting

Sebastian G. <bastik.tor> bastik.tor at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 29 16:57:27 UTC 2014

Am 28.07.2014 um 22:34  Craw:
> [snip]
>
> About Referer: we shouldn't disable the Referer by default because
> many sites rely on it, but I think we should add an option to the
> TorButton settings list "Disable the Referer Header". How can I
> contact TorButton developers or do it by myself?

The developers of the TorBrowser and TorButton read this mailinglist. I
had assumed that someone replied to your first mail or to this question
before I got to, but there's nothing in my inbox.

The main developer of TorButton is Mike Perry.

The source code of TorButton can be found here:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torbutton.git

I don't know what to do in order to make this change. Also I'm unsure if
patches will be taken in the case that the change is not considered useful.

You may want to create a ticket first.
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/report

It requires you to be logged in to create a new ticket. Either you
register or use the cypherpunks account found on the front-page of the wiki:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor

Regards,
Sebastian G.