[tor-talk] Android app: Torrific

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Jul 27 23:47:03 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 08:08:23PM -0300, Juan wrote:
> 	So, the great defenders of 'free speech' and one would think
> 	free/open software, are now claiming to own the combination
> 	of letters "tor"  and want to control any 'trademark'  which
> 	contains that word?

Yes, when it's referring to anonymity software that can be confusing
to people about whether it's made or endorsed by Tor.

https://www.torproject.org/docs/trademark-faq

Just like Debian, etc have trademarks too.

(We have no problems with the city of Toronto, unless I guess it gets
into the anonymity business. ;)

--Roger