[tor-talk] User views on lesser of 2 evils_Tor FAQ on using java script

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Sun Jul 27 03:13:23 UTC 2014

On 07/26/2014 09:26 PM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> So, is it, "damned if I do, damned if I don't?"

Basically, yes. A lot of users including me can cope with only
selectively enabling Javascript, but I would strongly argue against
making that the default. It is just too hard to understand for 'casual
users' all the subtle ways disabled Javascript can break websites.

I personally can live with 'losing some of my anonymity' due to the
custom use of Javascript, but you must be well aware indeed.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/