[tor-talk] Other bridge distribution methods [was: why does gettor require Yahoo or Gmail?]

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Fri Jul 25 17:07:17 UTC 2014

Matthew Finkel wrote:
> This actually has very little to do with trust, and (as Roger said)
> these providers were chosen because of the difficulty of creating new
> accounts.

  Preventing bridge enumeration is a hard problem to solve, but I don't
think that limiting gettor to gmail/yahoo actually solves it.  It is not
computationally difficult to pay for a few thousand yahoo addresses.

  What do you think about getting bridges via SMS?

~Griffin

--
Wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.
-Bill Hicks